Origin GamesGoing for my Knife and Pistol Badges

Discussions about Battlefield and other Origin Games

Topic author
Carbon14

Mon Jul 02, 2007 4:28 pm

Well, it's time I got my knife and pistol badges; not having them is holding up a promotion (that, and my lousy score :oops: )

Any tips on getting my 7 knife kills and 5 pistol kills IRA - I find I can get one, maybe 2 but its rare to get close enough, often enough for 5.

Are there better maps to try it on? Is there a better class to be?

Any help from you guys would be welcome ...

CB14
There are 10 kinds of people in the world,
Those that understand binary, and those that don't

Bert

Mon Jul 02, 2007 4:36 pm

Nope... just some good ole practice and you will be slicing and dicing your way through people before you know it! It's not hard, you just have to learn when to knife and when to shoot.

Also... I suppose it would be best to use a kit with more sprint if trying to get knife kills. Sniper works pretty good... placing a claymore before going for the knife kill to ensure a kill one way or another. Good luck!

Unkie

Mon Jul 02, 2007 4:50 pm

I just picked a week of playing non stop with knife, following week did the same for pistol. easy peasy ;)

My BF 2 goal† Keep Creefer grounded so everyone can have fun† ^o^

gi.joe

Mon Jul 02, 2007 4:50 pm

Strike at Karkand is a good map for those badges. It provides good close quarters combat

Topic author
Carbon14

Mon Jul 02, 2007 4:59 pm

Well I am sure I will choose Sniper; maybe SpecFor. I figured a non-armoured scenario will give me more targets as would city versus plains (no Zetar Wetlands for me).

I like the idea of just dedicating myself to the task - but a week?? - hope it doesn't take too long. Pistol I am more confident about; knife - not so much.

Thanks for the advice m8s.

Watch for me on the urban maps on Vanilla and don't run away too hard (or laugh at my flailing arms). :twisted:

CB14
There are 10 kinds of people in the world,
Those that understand binary, and those that don't

[Oink]Tank

Mon Jul 02, 2007 7:10 pm

Go play Warlord on the Special Forces Infrantry Only server. That game lasts forever and you can sneak around without worrying about artillery landing on your head.

And just keep your knife out at all times, you never know when the enemy is gonna walk around the corner and fall on your knife.

I play all the servers to build up points but when it comes time to get the "so many things" in one round I go to the SF server to do it because those rounds last longer, well most do, especially when there are only 10 to 16 guys on the server.
Bodily exercise, when compulsory, does no harm to the body; but knowledge which is acquired under compulsion obtains no hold on the mind.

KungfuBeer

Mon Jul 02, 2007 7:26 pm

gi.joe wrote:Strike at Karkand is a good map for those badges. It provides good close quarters combat

Yup!

And as my of my previous clan members said, "just spawn behind so you can sneek up and knife them" - like it was easy or something......

If you get your knife and pistol (C4 for that matter) without resorting to "those" servers, you will really appreciate your victory!

It was such a rush to get mine the old fashioned way!

bames5

Tue Jul 03, 2007 6:53 am

Carbon, I actually got my vet and expert knife within 2 days of each other on the AF server. I was a knifing machine, though often I was a bit overzealous and got blasted. Just try looking around for guys and if you see them before they see you, try finding a way to get behind them. Make sure you press "1" once you see them so they don't hear your knife drawing. Then just charge in! I was averaging at least 3 kills per round. Also, look for guys in AA and TOW positions, they are easy. I was racking up knife kills pretty easy. Hope that helps.

Geo_Patton

Tue Jul 03, 2007 8:24 am

bames5 wrote:Carbon, I actually got my vet and expert knife within 2 days of each other on the AF server. I was a knifing machine, though often I was a bit overzealous and got blasted. Just try looking around for guys and if you see them before they see you, try finding a way to get behind them. Make sure you press "1" once you see them so they don't hear your knife drawing. Then just charge in! I was averaging at least 3 kills per round. Also, look for guys in AA and TOW positions, they are easy. I was racking up knife kills pretty easy. Hope that helps.

Good tips Bames. I always go for death from afar, and haven't picked up my pistol and knife points either.

bames5

Tue Jul 03, 2007 9:14 am

I forgot that you were looking for pistol also. I got mine when I first started playing back in March. I was playing on Wake Island and pretty much only used my pistol. For me, getting 7 kills was a big thing anyway, let alone with a pistol. just use the bushes for concealment and shoot away at dudes coming down the trails. The key with pistols I think is once you have a bead on a dude, start blasting quickly to put rounds on target. Hope that helps out

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information