Origin GamesWTF?

Discussions about Battlefield and other Origin Games

Topic author
bt_stingray

Mon Apr 23, 2007 12:12 pm

Hello Folks, first off I have been on your DHH/L@W SF server a buncha times, and normally I have a very enjoyable time. So Thanks for that.
However, last evening around 12EST I was on and was on the bad end of some strange happenings.
First round I logged in was Iron Gator - before I had even spawned, the other side had all the flags capped. Game Over.
Thought it odd, but waited for the next round to start.
Spawned...Took 3 steps...Dead.... All flags capped again. Game Over.
Next map - Ghost Town. Spawned as SAS immediately sprinted towards bridge and I was sniped on my way to South Bridge. Within seconds all the flags were capped and we were painfully raped until that game ended.
The next round at least I was able to cap the North Bridge before they all swarmed us..
I had enough and logged off after that.
I am not going to complain about the base rapin stuff, I'll take a beating when I have to, but it was so strange how fast they got to and turned the flags.
I have never seen folks spawn at the start of the game that fast and even with the best teams have never seen all the flags go that quick. Even sprinting full on without stopping to cap the first flag there's no way you can get that far across the map that fast.

I did not notice anyone on from either the DHH or L@W clans, so there was noone to cry to.
I wonder if anyone else reported any shananigans last night? The folks on the other side HAD to have some sort of hax.

Like I said, NORMALLY I enjoy your server and have a lot of fun, but last night was just ridicurous.
Thanks again.
bt

uvebnconfused

Mon Apr 23, 2007 1:30 pm

Hmmm.... Sunday is my day off from playing so I wasnt there but I do have to say that on 16 player gator the round can either take forever or be over long before everyone has a chance to spawn in. 16 size is great for IO and regularly scores 40 plus points for less than 15 minutes of play however if you get one team thats well coordinated and with quick load times they can run right over it in seconds. Ghost town..... (did I mention I hate that map?) The smart team will bypass capping flags near them and take your bridge flag (maybe even blow your bridge if they are smart) but it really doesnt take that long for someone with a zip line to get over at all.
Of being You please road surface with name and surname and nro of document.

Indians

Mon Apr 23, 2007 7:06 pm

First round I always spawn later than others but never been beat that quick. How many people were playing?( Confused hates Ghost Town in the event you wanted to know).

Topic author
bt_stingray

Tue Apr 24, 2007 6:40 am

I don't remember now exactly how many folks, but I think there were 10 or 12 a side.
I had a pretty good ping and I thought I spawned pretty quick but like I said, all the flags turned SO quickly I thought for sure something fishy was going on. I have played Iron Gator a TON (over 140 hours and 500 rounds) and am pretty familiar with all the map sizes, I knew the 16 man went quickly, but I have NEVER seen it end that quickly.

Last night on another server I tried the zipline thing as Spetz to the bridge and it wasn't that much faster...I have tried so many ways to get to/past convoy before the other team caps their first flag and have NEVER gotten to their closest flag while they are still capping it.

I dunno, maybe they were just that organized, but I find that SO hard to believe on someone else's public server. Only 3 or 4 of them were from the same clan so maybe they managed to get everyone else on the team on the same page somehow.

confused,
You gotta give Ghost Town another chance, I swear if you play it enough you'll like it. I used to hate it, but now I really like it.

uvebnconfused

Tue Apr 24, 2007 6:55 am

bt..... I have almost 100 hours on ghost town and still dont like it ( did I mention I hate that map?) Maybe I am just old ( I know im half blind) but that map is so hard on the eyes with all the strange shadows. I think its a bit overcrowded with obstacles, and the AA on the map is terrible (5 stationary and 2 mobile) If you get on a bad team ( as with any map but seems more pronounced on this one) everyone on your team squads up solo so they can have the commanders ear and becomes sniper. I have watched a team of 16 with 15 snipers and one medic as well as a team of 4 with 2 stationary snipers and an assult and medic. It just gets old I suppose.

As for the gator map on 16 size, ping has very little to do with how well you load. Its more to do with your own hardware. On teh 16 person size its not uncommon to have a team of players less aquainted with the map running around in passages or above decks looking for the flags. I know sometimes even when there are players that come in at the same time as I I tend to drop some claymores and run for the other teams flag. if I see someone passing from the other team I dont engage then and instead just run past and go cap hoping that either that person will hit my clay or get killed by another player. Aggressiveness is the key.
Of being You please road surface with name and surname and nro of document.

DakotaDoc64

Tue Apr 24, 2007 9:09 am

I played Sunday with DHH Plaugyay for about 3 hours, but we did not start until about 2:30 PM. I agree we were getting waxed bad. I could see that the opposing team had many clan members working together well. We got pounded hard a few maps and yes they moved fast. They were equally spreading out and taking flags some very good teamwork and seemed like skilled players. All high ranked players. I saw some P@L players join and one joined our squad (sorry can’t remember who) Plaugyay took commander and we ended close on the next round and winning the following round. And wouldn’t you know it, the players that where pounding us all quit just before the end of the last round when they where loosing. Go figure…….

sandm0n

Wed Apr 25, 2007 3:11 pm

bt_stingray wrote:I dunno, maybe they were just that organized, but I find that SO hard to believe on someone else's public server. Only 3 or 4 of them were from the same clan so maybe they managed to get everyone else on the team on the same page somehow.

I'll bet my bedsheets it was those mRow jerks. :cry:

Indians

Wed Apr 25, 2007 6:43 pm

sandm0n wrote:
bt_stingray wrote:I dunno, maybe they were just that organized, but I find that SO hard to believe on someone else's public server. Only 3 or 4 of them were from the same clan so maybe they managed to get everyone else on the team on the same page somehow.

Sand shut up and fix your comp and finish whatever schooling your doing and get in the gameeeeeee.

Topic author
bt_stingray

Thu Apr 26, 2007 10:34 am

sandm0n wrote:

It wasn't mRow, it was another clan, but still jerks nonetheless....

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information