Other GamesWild West Online

Games from Ubisoft and other studios

Moderator: Members

Topic author
Moderhinke

Sat Sep 02, 2017 10:07 am

While looking for some RDR2 news I recently stumbled over "Wild West Online". Early previews and gameplay videos look pretty exciting. The game will have a closed Alpha mid September and is set to release by the end of this year. I decided ato give it a shot and bought the "pioneer Edition" for $39 which gives access to the Alpha and offers a money back guarantee during the first 2 weeks of the Alpha if you do not like the game!
VG247 WWO article

WWO website

WWO.jpg
WWO.jpg (63.15 KiB) Viewed 627 times
WWO.jpg
WWO.jpg (63.15 KiB) Viewed 627 times
“You can withdraw from a climate agreement but not from climate change, Mr. Trump. Reality isn't just another statesman you shove away.”

Druzin

Sat Sep 02, 2017 11:40 am

I thank you for taking the plunge and hope the red flags are unwarranted. I plan to wait until release reviews in case this turns into another "forever in prerelease" clusterfuck. Rumor has there is a very shady developer involved. The same one that tried to cash in on Dayz success back in the day with Warz that got in trouble with Steam for listing features that were not in game (not planned features, but a long list of thing they said were in already but were not).
Promise of unconditional no question asked refund is nice. But remains to be seen if they will follow through.

Topic author
Moderhinke

Sat Sep 02, 2017 11:56 am

Not sure what your "red flags" are other than the usual Alpha related risks. The shady developer myth has been denied the team behind the game. We'll see how it goes. If I don't like it I request my money back. If that doesn't work, there is always PayPal's Buyer Protection.
“You can withdraw from a climate agreement but not from climate change, Mr. Trump. Reality isn't just another statesman you shove away.”

KungfuBeer

Sat Sep 02, 2017 1:39 pm

Just got the Pioneer Edition too. I paid through Paypal so there should be no issue if I don't like it either way.
wwo.png
wwo.png (1.44 MiB) Viewed 584 times
wwo.png
wwo.png (1.44 MiB) Viewed 584 times
refund.png
refund.png (197.88 KiB) Viewed 584 times
refund.png
refund.png (197.88 KiB) Viewed 584 times

sidewinder9x

Sun Sep 03, 2017 2:30 pm

I've read some forums and some are reporting that the "refund" links do nothing or keep asking for same information.

KungfuBeer

Sun Sep 03, 2017 2:39 pm

sidewinder9x wrote:
Sun Sep 03, 2017 2:30 pm
I've read some forums and some are reporting that the "refund" links do nothing or keep asking for same information.
Correct, thats because the alpha has not even started yet.

Druzin

Sun Sep 03, 2017 7:40 pm

Again. Thank you both for taking the plunge. Let us know how it goes. Hope for best. Plan for worst.

Topic author
Moderhinke

Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:55 am

Topic author
Moderhinke

Thu Sep 14, 2017 5:44 pm

I just received my key and download information.

KungfuBeer

Thu Sep 14, 2017 6:59 pm

Me too, servers up tomorrow.
wwo.png
wwo.png (330.32 KiB) Viewed 410 times
wwo.png
wwo.png (330.32 KiB) Viewed 410 times

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information