Origin GamesCommand hacker today

Discussions about Battlefield and other Origin Games

Topic author
CO4x4_Snotty

Tue Aug 19, 2008 4:39 pm

Dragon Valley, about 4:30 PM MST 08/19/2008

Perp: Master Splat

FYI, the best way to eliminate 50% of the players is to determine which side the hacker is on, is what is being dropped.

FAV = MEC/China _ DPV = USMC
UAV = RED, not your Team _ Blue = Your Team

As you die, click on the X in the upper right hand corner to keep your map from coming back up. then CTRL+C through the players. The person that is command hacking is also saying what ever the command is. IE, Vehicle Drop in your area, etc.

Today, when this happened at the wood yard, there was only one friendly on the Chinese side there (Master Splat) and I toggled onto him. Sure enough he was the one dropping the vehicles.

Hope this helps some admins in the future.

KungfuBeer

Tue Aug 19, 2008 10:42 pm

Mister_Splat is the name he was using, and it is the only one he has used since 2006.

GUID is clean. All 4 screen shots are clean also.

I'll look for some BR's.

Thank you for reporting this!

Topic author
CO4x4_Snotty

Wed Aug 20, 2008 7:50 am

Anything to help stop these jerkoffs. As an admin over on DM, we get to deal with this as well. To date, and with zero support from EA and PB on this, this is the only effective way we have found to combat this.

Screen shots will not catch anything, for whatever reasons.

The only reason I feel like I caught the right guy, was he happened to be the only chinese player at the woodyard at the time and when I toggled on him, about 10+ at least "vehicle drops voice/chat commands went flying past.

I am not sure if an admin was on at the time though, but it did look like the server restarted. And once he was gone, due to the restart, the command hack stopped. But of course the server took about a 50% player hit as well. Which is why I said just kick him in chat. We have had success in kicking with a High Ping message and appearing to fool the command hacker into thinking they took the server down and they don't come back.

Anyway, just trying to lend a hand and hope that info helps some in this battle.

Snot

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information