Origin Gamespunkbuster keeps kicking me

Discussions about Battlefield and other Origin Games

Topic author
barret107

Sat Mar 10, 2007 1:47 pm

i just got a new pc and everytime i try to join the server it takes forever first off then i get in and 2 secs into it i get kicked. it then says i was kicked because of " inadaquate os priveleges". my pc now has vista is that the problem? if so does anyone have any suggestions on how i can fix this?
thank you

Anonymous

Sat Mar 10, 2007 3:19 pm

Its because you're logged on to a Windows account on your computer that doesnt have full priviledges. You either need to give your Windows account full privileges (computer administrator). Or you can just log on using the default administrator account.

Kinda random reason for PB to kick, but it does.

DakotaDoc64

Sat Mar 10, 2007 3:32 pm

Actually in Vista, there are really no admin accounts any longer, not like XP anyway. You have to right click on the BF2 icon, and select run as admin, then you will be ok. Otherwise all programs in this new security enhanced version of windows, do not run as an admin. Even if you are logged into an Admin account.

I believe you can make this program run as an admin every time by default.

Topic author
barret107

Sat Mar 10, 2007 4:14 pm

well just tried right click run admin and had even more problems so ill give ea a try maybe i missed something on install and set up.

Anonymous

Sat Mar 10, 2007 5:11 pm

ah didnt catch that he was running vista, in that case I have no idea.

J|Maverick|N

Sun Mar 11, 2007 11:10 am

omg wtf h4x!?

hahaha im so helpful. :roll:
Always Outnumbered - Never Outgunned

Anonymous

Sun Mar 11, 2007 11:31 am

This will fix your problem,at least it fixed my vista/BF2 problems

To run PunkBuster under Windows Vista you will need to run the game as an administrator. To do this, right click the icon you use to launch the game. Select "Properties", then the "Compatability" tab. From that tab, check the box labled "Run this program as an Administrator" and click ok.
We are currently exploring methods to extend PunkBuster to work with Vista without requiring users to run as admin.

Compliments of punkbuster support.

Here is the link for the full list Even Balance, Inc. - PunkBuster Online Countermeasures

Topic author
barret107

Sun Mar 11, 2007 4:23 pm

i just tried that earlier today oddly now the game takes forever to load then when it does it freezes and the music cycles. it took a while before task manager would pop up when it did it says b2 not responding. im still waiting on ea should get response tomorrow. i will give updates for anyone else that might encounter this. thank you.

Topic author
barret107

Mon Mar 12, 2007 12:19 pm

you also need to change compatability to win xp and check box that solved the probs.

well it solved the problems for the spec forces and any other server. still having probs joining this bf2 server screen freezes at loading complete. still seeking support from ea for this problem.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information