Rockstar GamesRed Dead Online

Everything GTA and Rockstar

Topic author
KungfuBeer

Mon Nov 26, 2018 2:46 pm

• Tuesday, November 27th: All Red Dead Redemption 2: Ultimate Edition owners. Please note, players who purchased the physical Ultimate Edition must redeem the Ultimate Edition code in the packaging to be eligible.
  • Wednesday, November 28th: All players who played Red Dead Redemption 2 on October 26th according to our data.
  • Thursday, November 29th: All players who played Red Dead Redemption 2 between October 26th to October 29th according to our data.
  • Friday, November 30th: All players who own Red Dead Redemption 2.

Moderhinke

Mon Nov 26, 2018 3:26 pm

Yay!

Moderhinke

Tue Nov 27, 2018 6:44 am

It's out now via a 5.6 GB update!

Topic author
KungfuBeer

Tue Nov 27, 2018 8:52 pm

Topic author
KungfuBeer

Wed Nov 28, 2018 7:03 pm

Moder and I were able to play together, but we both have XBOX.

Moderhinke

Thu Nov 29, 2018 4:33 am

Google says that there isn't even an official word from Rockstar so far regarding crossplay at all. Just hope...

Druzin

Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:15 pm

I doubt there will be crossplay. Unless it makes it to next gen maybe. I have no source or reason for my doubt.

I tried getting teamspeak on iphone but my phone is too old. No worky.
Tried on tablet but it is a pay app. Only $2 but I don't have (or want) any payment options set up in google play for tablet. Don't have payment options set up for anything else I use tablet for. So that is a dead end.
Will try to get wife's old laptop running for teamspeak. Unless y'all have already given up on this one?
PS4 by the way.

My impression of online is that it is .... grindy. no great surprise coming from GTAV and game companies seeing $$$ in "games as a service" or whatever. But can only do the same few story missions so many times for $5 payouts and I'm not terribly interested in any of the "farm pigs all day" money making strategies. Lots of money sinks like camp and stable fees plus amo and food. Plenty of ways around it like cooking your own meat and selling a few pelts per day, but it just seems unnecessarily imbalanced. Espacially comared to single player where it rained money even without gold bar glitches.

GTA was always grindy but there was also more you could do day 1. More missions and modes in addition to cruising around on motorcycles or robbing stores or armored cars or steal jets or just whatever even before they added businesses and whatnot. Maybe because I already went through single player but it doesn't feel like there is as much to do RDO currently. Not by my lonesome anyways.

Economy balance and gold bars feel like they are hoping they can kick shark-cards up a notch on this cash cow. I am afraid that instead they may just strangle what potential this game has. Dunno. My 2 cents.

Topic author
KungfuBeer

Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:49 pm

RED DEAD ONLINE BETA UPDATE
PLAY NEW GUN RUSH MODE NOW, PLUS MORE TO COME

A big thank you to everyone who has taken part in the Red Dead Online Beta over the holidays, and especially to those who have taken the time to provide us with their feedback. Please keep it coming - Red Dead Online will stay in beta for a few more months yet as we have many more new gameplay features to add across the board as well as further changes to improve, stabilize and refine the overall experience.

Today’s update to the Red Dead Online Beta introduces Gun Rush, where you’ll put your survival instincts to the test, gathering weapons and ammunition while the play area shrinks in this new mode for up to 32 players. Available to play now in Free-for-all and Team variations, where the last one standing wins.

More updates are coming soon including new Races and Showdown Modes and new clothing and emotes, as well as some additional changes based on player feedback including:

Daily Challenges: Tackle new challenges each day covering every aspect of the game, from sharpshooting to evading the law.
Law and Bounty Upgrades: Some changes are coming to the way the Law and Bounty systems work in Red Dead Online to reduce the enticements for griefing. Soon, players will get a bounty for committing crimes and will be incentivized to pay them off within an allotted time. Wait too long and bounty hunters from each of the states will track the player forcing them to either pay up or escape.
Parley Changes: We’re making the Parley system easier to trigger so that you can avoid aggressive players more quickly. In addition, it will be easier to trigger Feuds, Posse Feuds and Leader Feuds to take on attacking players in structured competition.
Proximity-Based Player Blips: Player location blips will soon appear only over short distances, reducing the range at which you are visible to others, decreasing the likelihood of being targeted by another player across large areas. Down the line, we’re also looking to introduce the ability to identify players who grief and kill indiscriminately with a progressively darkening blip that becomes more visible and at a longer range, so everyone in a session can identify potentially dangerous opponents at a glance and from a safe distance.
More to Come
We are working on lots of new content that we will be releasing this year. Just a few of the updates in the works are:

All-new missions to build on your Story in A Land Of Opportunities – from previously established characters like Horley and Jessica LeClerk, and some new ones as well.
A range of Dynamic Events throughout the world
Lots of new competitive modes including new Showdown Modes and Races
Plus new weapons and clothing, and lots more that we’re not quite ready to announce just yet…
Xbox One players can also now access the Red Chestnut Arabian Horse, Alligator Skin Ranch Cutter Saddle and the High Roller Double-Action Revolver in the Red Dead Online Beta.

Stay tuned to the Rockstar Newswire for the latest information on the Red Dead Online Beta and please continue to submit feedback to the www.reddeadonline.com/feedback website.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information