Steam GamesSquading up

Discussion about games available on Steam

Topic author
sidewinder9x

Sat May 27, 2017 5:09 am

The debate for "squading up" came up again last night and there were valid points made all around

There are some things that should be taken under consideration too for instance, In one of the games last night, the marker was put down, the count made and out we went. From my view point while free falling towards the target area the other members appeared to be above and forward even though I employed all the tricks to control flight and gain distance I still ended up behind the rest and now had to work my way towards them or they towards me or some combination with lots of other players all about.

Just so you know, getting separated while parachuting happens in real life; just look at the invasion of Normandy for a classic example and they did it at night!

IMO we need to coordinate better in all things, marker points, where to go etc.. speaking for me (only), I know how to work as a team, I did for 20 years and a team we ain't; I'm just as guilty, but, if your already dead what do I do?

So, I'm not calling anybody out or anything as it is just a game and all and it is fun but we need to figure some things out like set some ground rules:

For instance; If all members of the squad are dead except for one, at what point should he quit so the others can play again instead of watching him? When there are 20 or less or just bail when others are all dead no matter how many remain?

Sticking together: works but, staying too close just as in real life will get all of us killed under right circumstances; maybe do a "buddy system".

Healing wounded team mates: This is problematic (I think), I will try with all my power to help you even share what ammo I may have left whatever. If your wounded and IF I can get to you without becoming a causality myself I will. Also, please don't stop to smell the flowers, loot boxes for "better gear" or whatever as the wounded are bleeding out heal them and keep the numbers up; two is better than one; keep a pistol/other weapon loaded and at the ready.

Don't stray to far away as it could have repercussions (you may get shot and no one is able to get to you quickly); we need to move as a team right?

I would recommend that to improve all of our chances to make it to the end is to try the following:

Designate and rotate turns someone to mark the map and make the count to bail and to where to go; please, only one marker, too many showing up and confusion takes over as it is hard to hear in the plane, in the rain or others talking as to where to go and other members of the team have already bailed out.

If you get separated (like me), make for squad post haste (loot if you can to have some sort of weapon), a heavy weapon is nice however, you can't always get what you want and pistol is usually more available get it and go.

Watching our rear area; Mosquito and I almost got taken out last night in one game; luckily, I had turned around and saw the other player laying down getting ready to shoot us and I was able to get him before he got us.

Anyway, you get the point a little coordination will pay dividends in the end.

Please add thoughts so we can work out the kinks.

KungfuBeer

Sat May 27, 2017 11:36 am

I see many problems with our "system" of teamwork, however, many of those are circumstantial, as in your example, you got separated from the team on deployment. We must also acknowledge that in that situation, you were also the only survivor instead of a casualty.

So what is the right answer here, should you have died with us? Should we have abandoned arming ourselves, looked for a vehicle and then regroup?

In my experience, plans are the perfect solution until the green light is lit. Once you press GO, the plan usually goes haywire.

Flexibility is what we need to work more on, not planning. I have noticed more often than not, when we "stick to the plan" regardless, those who do often become memorialized much quicker than those who remain flexible. I think we have a better fighting chance as a team, but often individual ideas trump team logic, splitting up the team based solely on decisions. Sometimes those decisions are good, sometimes not so much...it's the very nature of war, which is being simulated pretty accurately in this game.

These problems are not unique to this game, in real life, where I work, the same thing happens...even with command and control assets directing the fight, sometimes dumb-ole luck gets us.

I'm good with how we often plan, it gives us the ability to adapt and overcome the challenges we face in the game.

In war, the wrong move can only be judged after you die.
The 'science is settled' argument is inherently unscientific.

Topic author
sidewinder9x

Sun May 28, 2017 4:46 am

No explanation needed; the results speak for themselves.
team won.jpg
team won.jpg (228.55 KiB) Viewed 542 times
team won.jpg
team won.jpg (228.55 KiB) Viewed 542 times

Frogman

Thu Jun 15, 2017 12:21 pm

I'm a beast at this game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

KungfuBeer

Thu Jun 15, 2017 12:30 pm

Moved to the appropriate forum for PUBG.
The 'science is settled' argument is inherently unscientific.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information